11/18/16

Whoops

Me, hiding behind knitting from the camera
Well, I have been knitting lately. Actually, quite a bit, but really haven't been thinking about blogging. I have no excuse for not blogging more, well other than just really not thinking about it, which we all know is me. (Hey, I'm a Pisces, for all that means...) And there's some catching up to do.

First off, a bit of sad news. Back in the beginning of February, we had to put down one of my parent's cats. He was old, nearing 20 if not older, and seriously ill to boot. A cat who in his prime must have weighed near 15 pounds (he was never a fat cat, just big and all muscle) was 6 lbs when he was put down. As sad as that is, he was the yarn eater that I've mentioned before, so I don't need to be as protective of my yarn now, thus knitting more.

I've made a bunch of progress on the Crazy Pants. I mainly work on it after I get up and before I head out to work. Not a lot of time granted, but it all adds up. I'll have to gather up some of the blocks for a picture on that. Been dabbling in blanket projects because I want a snuggly warm blanket. (Seriously, who doesn't?) Finally, working on a project for Christmas. The only one I have planned. A hat and gloves set for my mom. (Need to set up the gloves as a project in Rav, yet.) Actually, the knitting in the picture is part of the hat, and I basically finished that a day or two ago. Just need to sew up the cable band and weave in my ends.

Started on the gloves last night, too. Not very far along on those. Well, I'll be farther along by the time this is posted. I'm inverting the colors from how you see them on the hat. So green is the background color and white/cream the cable color. And, I've also been trying to teach myself to work with yarn in both hands. It's weird. Doable, but weird.

Feel free to share your holiday projects down in the comments.

Bright Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment